License URL: audacityteam.org
Platform: Windows Mac Linux
Last Modified: October 9, 2020
Audacity is a free audio editor. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more. Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, or apply effects to your recordings. It also has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode and a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications.
Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects. Audacity version 1.0.0 is the most stable version we have released yet, and many people have found that its unique features and intuitive interface make it more enjoyable to use than other audio editors, including commercial ones
Price: Open-Source Free
Last Modified: October 2, 2020
Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
- Audio formats supported ‘out-of-the-box’: WAV, AIFF, VOC, AU, SND, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, MP2, MP3
- Audio formats supported through official addons: MPEG-4 AAC, FLAC, OggFLAC, Monkey’s Audio, WavPack, Speex, CDDA, TFMX, SPC, various MOD types; extraction on-the-fly from RAR, 7-ZIP and ZIP archives
- Full Unicode support on Windows NT
- ReplayGain support
- Low memory footprint, efficient handling of really large playlists
- Advanced file info processing capabilities (generic file info box and masstagger)
- Highly customizable playlist display
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Most of standard components are opensourced under BSD license (source included with the SDK)
Pazera Free Audio Extractorpazera-software.com
Convert tracks from e.g. video files without loss of sound quality to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG or the WAV format.
The application supports all major video formats (AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, MOV, RM, 3GP, WMV, VOB and other).
Advanced users can customize audio encoding parameters as they want.